We want your child to have a happy start to school. If your child is transferring from another school you will need to make an appointment with the Principal to enrol.
Click here for further information about enrolling at HHS when you are not new to school.
If you are a parent of a new entrant please contact the school office to register your child’s name on the database. If you are in zone you will receive an invitation from the Principal to enrol the term before your child is due to start school. If you are out of zone you will receive a ballot paper the term before your child is due to start.
Click here for further information if you are turning 5 and enroling for the first time.
Click here to find out where you are in relation to The School Zone.
In terms of the Education Act 1989, the Board of Trustees proposes to implement the following enrolment scheme to ensure that Hoon Hay School continues to serve the needs of local children and provide quality education.
- To control roll growth and avoid overcrowding.
- To ensure that there are places for children who have Hoon Hay as their closest school.
- To ensure that others who apply are treated fairly.
- To accommodate the rights of parental choice wherever possible.
Children who usually reside within the streets named as boundaries and defined below will be granted entry to Hoon Hay School.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11 G (1) of the Edcuation Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
- Special Programme. This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary.
- Applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Applicants who are children of board employees.
- All other applicants.
The Board will assist the Principal to monitor all roll trends and enrolments to ensure that the application of the scheme is consistent and fair to all. This will be as per the Hoon Hay School’s Enrolment Scheme Procedures.
The Board has a responsibility to maintain the best possible teaching and learning conditions for both teachers and students. To this end the enrolment scheme will be implemented when necessary. The decision of the Board with respect to applications for enrolment and using the criteria above, will be final.